This page is for the information of those members of DPC who wish to work with children in ministries at DPC such as Creche, Kid’s Church, KLAG and Mob. If you are teaching SRE there are extra requirements.
There is a four step process before you can work with children at Dubbo Presbyterian Church.
The first 3 steps can be done in any order. Step 4 needs to be done last as it requires all the previous 3 steps to be completed.
1. Undergo our basic child protection training.
Our “Breaking the Silence” Basic Training is offered every 1-2 years. The last training was offered October 2014 and before that in 2012. Details of the next training will be posted here when they become available.
In the meantime you can do the interim online training and assessment.
This is temporary and needs to be followed up with attendance at the next Breaking the Silence Training that you can attend. You don’t need to do this if you attended the 2012 or 2014 training day. If you are unsure whether you attended, contact ian bailey.
2. Apply for a New South Wales government working with children number (WWC).
If you already have a WWC number from a previous church or employment you do not need to reapply. You can use the same number in multiple places.
If you do not have a number, Click here to go to the NSW government WWC application page.
- Under “Purpose for check” enter “Volunteer”
- Under sector select “Religious Services”
After you fill in the online form you will be emailed a receipt. You need to take identification (e.g. licence) and the ‘New application Reciept’ to a Motor Registry Office in person, and then your WWC number will be emailed to you.
3. Read and understand your Job description
The Working with Children Registration form has a place for you to enter a ‘job description’. Here are some job descriptions. Please select the job description that best fits the work you are involved in.
If you are unsure about anything in the job description talk to the person who is supervising the ministry that you are involved in.
- Kids’ Church (Sunday School) leader
- MOB (Youth Group) Leader
- KLAG (Kid’s Club) Leader
- Creche Volunteer
- Other roles – (Simplified Job description)
(Simplified Job Description is for other situations that may not have a specific job description, e.g. Playtime Helpers, helping on a church camp, leading children in Music Ministry, helping with Children at a church family event etc).
4. Fill in a Presbyterian “Working with children check Registration”
- You need to include your WWC number on this form.
- You need fill in your job description on this form.
- You need to sign the section that says you have done the above training (or the interim training).